- Before using, wash in warm water with a gentle liquid detergent, with no fabric softener. Softeners and dryer sheets can build up on luxury bamboo towels. This can cause weakening of the fibers and decrease absorbency. Then tumble dry on medium. The towels will actually get even more absorbent after 2-3 washings, as they shed some of the looser fibers and the too-silky feeling.
- If you use chlorine-free bleach, do not pour it directly onto your towels. Instead, fill the washer with water and add the chlorine-free bleach to dilute it prior to laundering. Or you can pre-soak the linens for half an hour before starting the machine.
- Give the towels a good shake when removing them from the washer, this fluffs the terry loops. It aids in the absorbency of your towels. Do not iron your towels as that decreases the absorbency of all towels.
- Detergents that we recommend are Ecos, Seventh Generation, Meyer’s Clean Day, and Aspen Clean. But any gentle liquid detergent that you prefer is likely going to work great. We don’t recommend any form of detergent that says ‘Tough on Stains’ or removes grass or grease stains. These generally means its a fairly harsh detergent and will not be very gentle.
- You will notice that your luxury bamboo towels will not acquire a mildew scent, as they naturally resist bacteria, unlike cotton towels.
- Bamboo towels can be reused for days, as they resist odor and bacteria, so you can hang dry and reuse before laundering.
- The Hooded Baby Towel and Washcloths are laundered the same as other towels noted above. The Hooded Towel can be reused for days before laundering, as bamboo is resistant to odor and mildew, which saves you laundering time!