- Easy Instructions: wash on warm with an eco-friendly liquid detergent, dry on medium. Iron if desired.
- VERY IMPORTANT: We’ve oversized the melange bedding to allow for the first-time shrinkage that occurs. Wash them FIRST to allow for the best fit.
- For More Details:
- Zip the Sham Pillow Covers closed prior to laundering to maintain the integrity of the zipper.
- There’s an extra button sewn into the hem of the Duvets, so you’ll have a replacement if one is lost.
- Wash the linens in warm water with a gentle eco-friendly liquid detergent, and dry with medium heat. We recommend removing immediately to reduce wrinkling. WEIRD fact: Bamboo comes out of the washer feeling stiff and canvas-like. This is normal so please don’t worry that you’ve harmed your linens.
- We recommend an eco-friendly liquid detergent such as: Ecos, Meyer’s Clean Act, Seventh Generation and Aspen Clean.
- For best results, wash the sheets separately from other items, especially towels. Towels produce a lot of lint which can stick to sheets and create friction which can cause pilling. We’ve made our linens with a tight twill weave, which makes for a beautiful sheen but also guarantees against pilling.
- We recommend giving your pillowcases a hard shake to smooth out the hem before placing in the dryer. And removing the sheets from the dryer when done will help reduce wrinkling. We don’t coat our linens with formaldehyde, which is what the cotton industry does to make the linens wrinkle-resistant. But we’ve chosen not to use a toxic chemical as we feel that sleepers would prefer a little wrinkling vs sleeping on toxic chemicals. The sheets will come out smooth again each time you launder, as well as shrink to fit again. Melange bedding wants to ‘grow’ while its on your bed!
- Melange Bed Sheets and Pillowcases can be bleached, you may never need to, but it won’t harm the colors or fibers if needed to do so occasionally. Avoid fabric softener, dryer sheets, and washer or dryer balls. Harsh detergents can do damage to fine linens and particularly high-quality linens. Fabric softener and dryer sheets can leave a film on the fabric, reducing the moisture-wicking properties. Dryer sheets can cause discoloration, and washer and dryer balls can cause pilling.
- For stubborn stains, spray a stain remover or a mixture of 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 4 tablespoons of water directly on it, then launder as usual.
- Stains from natural body oils or body lotions can be removed by pre-soaking your sheets in the washing machine with ¼ cup Dawn dish washing liquid. Or you can gently rub a few drops of Dawn and water into the stain, then launder as usual. Dawn is a natural de-greaser and works wonders on stains! read more
- Ironing does not harm melange bed sheets, duvets or shams. You may even use high heat and steam, they’ll iron beautifully!
- Don’t worry that using warm water won’t get your melange bedding clean, as bamboo naturally resists bacteria. Therefore, bacteria does not thrive on the sheets. Occasionally if you want to launder in hot water to remove any potential build-up, or to force the linens to shrink a bit, this will not harm them.
- If you couldn’t take the linens out of the drier immediately, fluff them for ten more minutes in the dryer on high heat and remove promptly, this will remove wrinkles.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!