Baby Bedding & Swaddles
- Wash the bamboo baby bedding & swaddles in cool to warm water with a gentle eco-friendly liquid detergent, and dry with medium heat. We recommend removing immediately to reduce wrinkling. WEIRD fact: Bamboo crib sheets come out of the washer feeling stiff and canvas-like. This is normal so please don’t worry that you’ve harmed the linens.
- We recommend washing the crib sheets and swaddles separately from towels. Towels can add friction and potentially cause pilling. The crib sheet has a tight twill weave which has a beautiful sheen, but should also guarantee against pilling.
- Avoid liquid chlorine bleach, fabric softener, dryer sheets, and washer or dryer balls. Harsh detergents can do damage to fine linens and particularly to baby bedding & swaddles. Bleach can weaken the bamboo fibers, and fabric softener and dryer sheets can leave a film on the fabrics. This can reduce the moisture-wicking properties. Dryer sheets can cause discoloration, and washer and dryer balls can cause pilling.
- Stains from messy diapers, spit up, or other body fluids can be removed by pre-soaking the crib sheet or swaddle. You can fill a sink or the machine with your favorite stain remover, and pre-soak. Or you can gently rub a few drops of stain remover and water into the stain, then launder as usual. Dawn dishwashing liquid also works great as its a natural de-greaser! read more
- Don’t worry that you won’t get the linens clean by using cool to warm water, as rayon from bamboo naturally resists bacteria, so bacteria does not thrive on bamboo. Occasionally if you want to launder in hot water to remove any potential build-up, or to force the linens to shrink a bit, this will not harm them.
- Extra lint in the dryer the first couple of washes is normal, as some short fibers may release which makes them even softer.
- When hang drying, you may toss the linens in the dryer for 5 minutes to soften any stiffness.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!